UK PARK WEBSITES
MANUFACTURERS
LINKS
UK RIDES on

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Blackheath Fair 28.08.10
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:29 pm 
My second visit to Blackheath this year hoping I might see Hebborns new extreme, I was informed that it's currently at Clapham Common. My first look at Micheal Searls new lighting rig that's been added, shame I couldn't see it at night had a family gathering to attend to :P

Enjoy :) - http://fair-rides.fotopic.net/c1889865.html

Post details

Post subject: Re: Blackheath Fair 28.08.10
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

I spy Body Count. It's definitely one of the better Superstars. It showed up unexpectedly last year on Tooting Common, at the normally crap little fair that appears there. Wasn't there this year though.

Post details
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:41 pm 
Cal wrote:
I spy Body Count. It's definitely one of the better Superstars. It showed up unexpectedly last year on Tooting Common, at the normally crap little fair that appears there. Wasn't there this year though.

I found Body Count to be one of the worst Superstars I have ridden. Its been to the Stratford Mop twice and I'm not impressed. My fav must be Edward Danters Superstar.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 am 
FunFairsUK wrote:
Cal wrote:

I found Body Count to be one of the worst Superstars I have ridden. Its been to the Stratford Mop twice and I'm not impressed. My fav must be Edward Danters Superstar.

Well it's the second one I've ridden. My first was a long time ago (I was perhaps 11 or 12?) and I rode thunderbolt at flambards in cornwall (oh how i loved that holiday, the weather helped a lot too!). I remember it was very very fast (perhaps because I was younger?) and very smooth.
Compared with bodycount I rode for the first time this weekend, I'll have to agree with you and say it was slightly awful.. It didn't seem to spin very fast and the seat I was on kept making loud clicking/banging sounds which made it feel really unsafe. Let's just say I wasn't enjoying it as much as I should of lol.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 am 
harrison245 wrote:
Compared with bodycount I rode for the first time this weekend, I'll have to agree with you and say it was slightly awful.. It didn't seem to spin very fast and the seat I was on kept making loud clicking/banging sounds which made it feel really unsafe. Let's just say I wasn't enjoying it as much as I should of lol.

This is what I found and its very jerky etc. I don't think I bothered riding it last year at the Stratford Mop. I have only ridden a small handful of these rides too. The one at the o2 Christmas Fair last year and Edward Danters as previously said.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 am 
FunFairsUK wrote:
harrison245 wrote:

This is what I found and its very jerky etc. I don't think I bothered riding it last year at the Stratford Mop. I have only ridden a small handful of these rides too. The one at the o2 Christmas Fair last year and Edward Danters as previously said.

What was Noyces' one like then? (the 02 arena one) I thought it looked quite fast and I've filmed it if you haven't seen. I take it Danters is very fast?

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 am 

I've ridden 5 or 6 of the buggers now...

1st prize goes to Top Star, due to speed and smoothness. It was at Goose last year and Donnington.
2nd prize goes to Body Count, for it operating both ways. Not seen any other Super Star do that.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:57 am 
Monserrat wrote:
I've ridden 5 or 6 of the buggers now...

1st prize goes to Top Star, due to speed and smoothness. It was at Goose last year and Donnington.
2nd prize goes to Body Count, for it operating both ways. Not seen any other Super Star do that.

Have you seen the video of Albers Superstar in Netherlands? It's been operated on it's back upside down before! :shock: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KWHW9IN8w - go to 1:20 :D

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:58 am 
I found it crap to be honest. Was really short and the man operating it was moody as hell. :unimpressed

The Danters one goes both ways and is pretty fast. To be honest I am quite impressed with Edward Danters Superbowl too. :great

Benjy, I dont remember one being at the Goose last year :?

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 am 
FunFairsUK wrote:
I found it crap to be honest. Was really short and the man operating it was moody as hell. :unimpressed

The Danters one goes both ways and is pretty fast. To be honest I am quite impressed with Edward Danters Superbowl too. :great:

That's a shame, the people in my video got a fairly long go.

Danters are suppose to be one of the best showman familys on the grounds today, but they are a big family and have a lot of machines. Another larger family I like are the Bensons, but I don't get to see them often. Usually they come down to Abbeywood Bostal Heath ground with their matterhorn which is impressive to look at and ride.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 am 

harrison245 wrote:
Have you seen the video of Albers Superstar in Netherlands? It's been operated on it's back upside down before! :shock: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KWHW9IN8w - go to 1:20 :D

Oooooooh, that is unusual operation. Not just the lowering of the boom inverted, but also the gradual swinging to and fro before it inverted. Very interesting to watch. Thanks Mr. 245 :-)

FunFairsUK wrote:

Yeah Daz, we had the Top Star there at Goose 2009, travelled by Michael Houghton. Having said that, it is the first time I've seen a 'Star at Goose. These photos were taken by me from my Goose 2009 report. Report here, photos below:

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin

FunFairsUK wrote:
Cal wrote:

Well I'll qualify that by saying I rode it when it was new back in 1998, at Hampton Court fair and again at Hull (in the pissing rain...which is a whole story in itself). It seemed to run faster than others I've ridden - I could barely stand up after and nearly fell down the steps!
That's 12 years ago now, of course...a lot could have changed including the operator. So...Yeah. But it looks cool.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 pm 
Monserrat wrote:

FunFairsUK wrote:

[color=#8040FF]Yeah Daz, we had the Top Star there at Goose 2009, travelled by Michael Houghton. Having said that, it is the first time I've seen a 'Star at Goose. These photos were taken by me from my Goose 2009 report.

Where abouts at the Goose was it placed? I genuinely can't recall seeing this there and I don't seem to have any pics or vids of it at all. This baffling me now :?

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:02 pm 

It was in the back row, same row as Stargate and Topspin. I think it was the last major machine in the row then you hit the toilets and then the row continued with kiddy rides.

Post details

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:57 pm 

Monserrat wrote:
It was in the back row, same row as Stargate and Topspin.

It was next to Rock Rage.

My favorite Super Star, has to be Michael Houghton's Top Star. It's smoothness and speed. It also looks fantastic.
Also, i found Michael Cowie's (i think ?) at Kirkcaldy (2008) and the Irn-Bru Carnival (2009/2010), and the speed was exceptional. However, as much as it looks nice, Top Star does beat it.

Airwolf (can't remember the owner. =S) was alright. The neon lights were a nice touch, aswell as the small half-globe on the platform. I rode this in 2006 at the Irn-Bru Carnival.

However, i haven't seen the ride personally, but by looking at photos, Danter's looks the best. =).

Post details